Friday, January 6, 2012

The who, what and why

Hello!  I'm Amy.  30ish mom of 2 from New Jersey.  This is my first attempt at blogging, so bear with me as I get used to it!  I've been reading shopping blogs for years so I figured it was time I started one of my own.  

So here's the deal:  I'll be shopping in my closet for the month of January.   That means no buying clothes, shoes, bags, or anything that isn't a necessity (like underwear or deodorant) for me for 31 days.   If I can do it for a month, I'll do it again for another month.    I'll be taking pictures of outfits and posting them as soon as I can figure out how to do that! 

Oh, I think I did it.  Here I am with my 2 little fashionistas on Thanskgiving.
 
Why am I doing this?  Well, the economy isn't the best right now, and since I am only working part time (at a STORE- talk about tempting), I want to cut back.  Beef up the retirement savings and all that good stuff.   We are also saving up for a vacation this year, and I am thinking that if I stop spending so much on clothes, we'd easily be able to take the trip!   Not to mention, my closet is literally bursting, so there's no need to be such a shopaholic, right? 

So wish me luck as I embark on this journey- I am going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment