Friday, April 20, 2012

OOTDs and Kohl's finds

Hello again!  2 posts in one day!  

My OOTD today.  Just running errands and taking kids to activities, as per usual.
Dress- J. Crew Maritime from last year.  Similar, and the Crewlet has pretty much the same one that I am wearing in the store right now, but I don't see it online.
Leggings- American Apparel
Jacket- Old Navy
Necklace- J. Crew in store
Flops- Tory Burch























My Easter outfit.
Top- J.Crew.  Don't see it online but was in the store today. 
Skirt- Ann Taylor.  Sold out online.
Necklace- J. Crew in store
Shoes- Jack Rogers


And my traveling outfit for Spring Break.  The skirt was so comfy on the plane! 
Tee- Loft
Flops- Tory Burch (same as above)
Random kid shoe in the background- Toms.  My kids are obsessed with these!  I kind of like them for myself but I don't know if my big feet could pull them off.





















Anyway, on to my Kohl's finds.  I go to Kohl's all the time- for my kids, for housewares and for gym clothes.  But I rarely buy clothes for myself there.  No reason really because a lot of the clothes are cute.  I just don't have the patience to go through the racks and the sizing is really inconsistent between the brands so I get annoyed in the fitting room.  Anyway, I went today to pick up some dresses for my older daughter and ended up with a few things for me, too.

First, there's this watch.   I know its not this Michael Kors watch that I love, but its close enough.  I am getting into wearing gold jewelry more lately and wanted to add a watch, but I also didn't want to break the bank on it since I am more of a white gold/silver girl. 

The Kohl's watch
















The Michael Kors

















Pretty close!  And it cost me $50 with a coupon instead of the $250 that the MK is running.   I also like this one that's online but wasn't in my store.  I didn't feel like waiting for it to ship though.

Here's the watch in person.  I have smallish wrists and had to take 2 links out of the watch.

















I also picked up these Croft and Barrow boat shoes for a whopping $27.  They are a dead ringer for these Sperry Topsiders that I have been coveting for a few months now.  I haven't pulled the trigger on the Sperry's because they are almost $100, and I don't know how much I'll actually wear them to justify that price.    I am more of a flip flop girl but I think these will be really cute with some of the shorter J. Crew dresses like the Maritime or the Rugby Stripe.

Here's the Kohl's version

















And the Sperry's

















Again, pretty darn close!  I usually don't buy blatant knock offs, but in the case of boat shoes, I think its ok.  And if I wear them enough I'll get the real ones next year (if they are even still popular next year)!

And here are the Kohl's version in person.  The angle makes my feet look huge!   Speaking of sizes, I went down a half size in these.
















Have you been to Kohl's lately?  Any good finds?   Hope you all have a great weekend!





5 comments:

  1. Toms are great because they make your feet look smaller! I am a 10/11 (10 in Toms) and I just love them. I am happy anytime shoes don't call attention to the largeness of my feet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is good to know! I will have to try them on in person- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Kohls finds!! The watch is sooo pretty and I love the boat shoes -- I have the older J.Crew version, and they're oddly versatile. I love all of your OOTD too! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! glad to hear that about the boat shoes- I am looking forward to wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shoes, I found the same on this site Stylephotos

    ReplyDelete