Wednesday, March 14, 2012

J. Crew Review - Talitha Blouse

I am finally getting around to reviewing J. Crew's Talitha Blouse.   I know its been around for a few seasons and in various prints and solids, but this is the first time I've tried it.  As you may remember from this post, I originally ordered it online in Vintage Berry (which was more of a hot pink in person) and was going to return it because I wasn't totally in love with the puffed sleeves and the color wasn't my first choice (I wanted the Wreath green but it was backordered online).  Anyway, I went into my local J. Crew and lo and behold, there was a rack of green Talithas just waiting for me!  I decided to try it on again in a size down from my usual one and I think it works!  I normally wear a size 2 in J. Crew tops, but I am wearing a 0 in this one. 
















The color is definitely more "me," and sizing down seems to have solved the overly puffed shoulder issue.  The puff is still there, but the sleeves aren't as full and I think its less pronounced.  Maybe its the darker color too.  The top is also a little shorter in the smaller size which helps it to look more polished and less pajama-ish when it isn't tucked in. 















I decided to dress the blouse down over the weekend to go to a (kid) birthday party and dinner with the family. 
















I am wearing the Modern Denim Trousers from Ann Taylor, really old pewter flats from Target, a J. Crew necklace that was on sale by the register last week (I grabbed it in 2 colors), and my favorite Ann Taylor Coiled Bangles (these are a great deal in my opinion- 3 of them are $48 and AT is always doing some kind of promo.  Right now its 40% off of a full priced item making these guys $29).   Aren't they pretty?














 

What do you think?  Are you a fan of the Talitha blouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment