Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HGTV outfits

As I mentioned in the last post, I was filmed for an HGTV show last week with my good friend.  She is the focus of the show- I am the sidekick and shopping partner.  Good role for me, although I wouldn't have minded the professionally decorated room!  For those that don't know me personally, you don't know that my kitchen is beyond hideous.  Its like the 70s and 80s got married and had a child up in there.  I am dying to remodel it, but it isn't in the budget at the moment.  Hopefully next year.

Anyway, since we had to be in the city at the crack of dawn each day, I didn't take any outfit pics.  I did attempt to make sets on polyvore, but I think I am doing something wrong because they look weird.  Here they are anyway.

Day 1 was the ambush surprise and a trip to an art gallery for inspiration. I can't find images of what I wore online at the moment, so I'll skip that day for now.

Day 2 was the shopping day at a really cool design store, Marimekko.  We were supposed to dress casual and in bright colors.

Shopping day for HGTV


J Crew knit sweater
$118 - jcrew.com

Ann Taylor tall pants
$98 - anntaylor.com

Naturalizer leather boots
$50 - piperlime.gap.com



Day 3 was crazy. We had to go back into the city in our day 1 outfits to see the lounge at the Hudson Hotel. Then we rushed home to change into dressier outfits for the big reveal. Here's what I wore for that.
HGTV reveal outfit


J Crew print dress
$188 - jcrew.com

Clarks soft leather boots
$200 - zappos.com



Have a great day, all! Stay tuned for a post highlighting 2 awesome dresses!

2 comments:

  1. How neat! I found out HGTV did a show not too far from where I live. Did they tell you when your episode would air?

    Glad to find another JCrew shopping blog. The reviews are so, so helpful to those of us who mostly shop via the web.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! And the outfits look fantastic. Please let us know when your HGTV episode airs. How exciting (even in the role of side kick).

    ReplyDelete